Monday 21 April 2014

Blackboard Paint wall nook - by Stacey

For years now I've wondered why I don't make commission from blackboard paint companies I just love itI'm always banging on about it. Mostly what I use if for is painting thin boards of wood (recently at bunnings I found pre-made ones out in the wood section - they stole this idea from me) Anyway finally I am no longer renting so I can paint a blackboard nook straight onto the wall yeehaaa! 

Even though I've wanted to do this for years I got really nervous before painting on the wall - mostly because its so black and if it looks terrible its an effort to fix it. Not to mention the heart break and the I told you so's from my hubby who wasn't completely sold on the idea.
So on that note my number one tip - well the only tip is to use good quality painters tape to mark off your area. Take care with this part to make sure its straight I used a laser tool for mine. 

paint tape mark up



I did 3 coats and am very happy with the end result. 
Other great places to use this paint are kitchens, the study, kids rooms, play rooms, pantries, fridges, outdoor areas, the toilet (not the toilet the room its pretty fun to sit there and write on the walls), under benches in the dead area, pantry containers. I love painting on cheap interesting picture frames and use them at my market stall or just around the house. I painted on some old pot plants that I have herbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs