Saturday 22 March 2014

Lime Cordial & Sorbet By Stacey

So part of my new year resolution this year is to be less wasteful with food, when we moved in to our new home I was over joyed to find there are some established fruit trees which has always been a bit of a dream of mine. 

With an abundance of limes at the moment I made some super easy lime cordial. 

This recipe is more a lime syrup as it doesn't contain any of the preservers if you add citric acid and tataric acid it will keep longer. But I didn't have any and I planned to use all of mine within a few days so problem solved. 


Juice of 10 or so limes
(also grated rind of 5 of the limes)
a few mint leaves 
2 x cups of water
1 cup of sugar






*Tip when juicing lemons or limes roll them on the counter first to get maximum juice from them.


On a low heat dissolve sugar and slowly heat to a slow simmer for about 5 ~7 minutes, strain into a clean container or bottle and leave to cool. 













You can use this all sorts of ways add a dash to lemonade or cocktails or simply drink it with water. I have a soda stream so I made a soda water and added my fresh crisp lime syrup to that and it was delicious! 












Remember to leave your syrup in the fridge though or it freezes nicely. 

Also if using it to make sorbet I added extra water to dilute the sweetness then churned it in my ice cream churn if you don't have an ice cream churn you can freeze the liquid then give it a zap in a food processor and put it back in the freezer this works for all fruit juice. 


Lime Mint Sorbet


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs