Friday 30 May 2014

Easy Special Fried Rice - by Stacey

Who doesn't love fried rice its so versatile you can cook it with all your favourite things or throw together what ever you have at the time.  

This is my delicious version of fried rice that you really can add anything to I make mine the day after a roast pork as I use the left over in my recipe. This will serve 4 people and all up takes 15 ~20 minute max.  




Ingredients;
4 ~5 cups cooked rice - I use my rice cooker and start with 3 cups of uncooked rice.
3~4 bacon stips 
3 eggs - made into a sloppy fluffy omelette
1 chorizo sausage or the chinese lap chong sausage 
1 cup chopped left over roast pork or roast chicken
1/2 green capsicum
1/2 carrot
1/2 cup frozen peas 
2 spring onions finely slices - or 1/2 brown onion
1/2 cup oil 
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp rock salt 
1 tsp soy sauce 
1 tsp sesame oil

Not used today (as I had none) but I do often use bean sprouts and cooked prawns which i add right at the end with the omelette...Don't worry I'll remind you again then.

Now fried rice in my opinion is mostly about the order you throw things in over a high heat. Use a large wok or really large frypan and keep tossing it.

Here is how I do it. 

Step 1 - cook rice & chop up all your stuff in small even cubes 




Step 2 - make an omelette so its still runny then put it aside chopped up roughly. 




Step 3 - Fry bacon and sausage in oil now it might seem like a lot of oil but it will be needed to coat and lubricate the rice. (If you are using a brown onion add this now too)



Step 4 - add carrot and capsicum toss around for a few minutes you don't want them mushy



Step 5 - Add rice and toss it all through I use a spatular as my cooking tool 



Step 6 - add flavourings salt, pepper, stock, soy sauce & sesame oil - you might need more salt and pepper to taste just see how you like it. Toss through at this stage you aren't cooking your just tossing through and its a fast process over a high heat. 

Step 7 - chuck in omelette, roast meat, spring onion and peas (if using cooked prawns and bean sprouts add at this stage) toss through 2~3 minutes and remember to taste - season more if needed. 


Step 8 - Eat it 


Or try serving it a bit different by putting it in a small bowl then flip it on an asian style plate ... so fancy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs